Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1-Inch)
The Samsung Galaxy Tablet is one of the most widely sought tablets on the market. There a number of reasons one would seek it.Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 tablet runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS. Thanks to the 10.1-inch touchscreen of this Samsung tablet, you can easily navigate your way through its highly versatile options or enjoy your favorite game to the fullest. With built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, this Android tablet lets you stay connected, upload photos, share files, or even shop online. The 3 MP camera of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Android tablet lets you capture interesting moments on the spur. With a 1 GB RAM, this Samsung tablet renders videos and games in a superior visual quality, providing an exceptional experience. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 features Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity for quick and easy sharing of files between compatible devices.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1-Inch) Specifications
- Operating system: Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Display: 10.1-inch multitouch screen (1280 x 800 pixels) for native HD 720p resolution
- Processor: 1 GHz dual-core processor
- Internal memory: 16 GB
- RAM: 1 GB
- Memory expansion: microSD cards (up to 32 GB in size)
- Cameras: 3-megapixel rear; VGA (640 x 480) front
- Wireless connectivity: Wireless N Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n); Bluetooth 3.0
- Ports: 1 USB 2.0 (host); 3.5mm headphone/microphone jack
- Sensors: Accelerometer, digital compass, light, proximity
- Dimensions: 10.1 x 6.9 x 0.38 inches
- Weight: 1.28 pounds (21 ounces)
- Battery: 7,000 mAh
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1-Inch) review
the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 , which is about the same size as the Apple iPad, is available in 16 and 32GB versions. This means the Galaxy offers one a great deal of memory for multitasking work. For example, with the Galaxy’s screen, you can float four or five apps that you regularly access and use and keep them open, while, at the same time, one can access and use other, lesser-used apps..
- Large and easy to read 10.1 inch screen. The colors are vivid and the text and videos are clear.
- - Slot for an micro SD Card. I placed a 32g in mine for music, files etc. And still have lots of room to add more music and files later.
- It did have 4.04 ICS (which I loved) However, Jelly Bean OTA (Over the Air) came out Jan 11, 2013 for this Tablet (please see my very detailed comments below in the discussion regarding the new Jelly Bean 4.1.1 update that IS NOW AVAILABLE OTA for this tablet).
- Battery life is pretty good if I get on and off the WiFi in a reasonable time. I usually get at least 8 – 10 hours using WiFi on and off. WiFi hogs the battery!
- The tablet runs very fast and it is very responsive in the internet and in apps, music etc.
- Music Player (stock) runs fine and it is very easy to place Playlists on it. Sound is loud enough without headphone, however, I listen to headphones for music, videos, etc.
- Installed the Kindle Android App and downloaded several Kindle books with no problems. Kindle loads fast and this Tablet is a joy to read a book on either Kindle or any eBook or PDF booklet.
- Installed Maxthon Browser and I like it better, it runs very fast with this tablet.
- Screen Shot Button – I use this all the time, especially to capture things I want to view later from the net, and it is faster than downloading. Note the screen shot takes a snapshot of whatever is on the screen as a picture.
- All apps I installed run great and fast with no problems.The tablet feels like it is made well, however, to secure it better, I bought from Amazon a stand that I set it up in landscape mode and it has 3 positions. Keeps the tablet clean when I am not using it.
- Uses a propriety USB cable/charger, but I bought extra cable/chargers online to keep an extra.
- No headset included (the new Galaxy Tabs DO NOT HAVE A HEADSET included. However, bought a Samsung headset on Amazon for the Galaxy Note and it fits this perfectly and has loud sound and very high quality (it was under 10 dollars). Also, eBay carries genuine Samsung 3.5 headsets as the generics are not that good of quality I have found).
- Very small instruction “manual” provided with the tablet, however, I went to the Samsung site and downloaded the full 140 page manual and saved it in PDF on my laptop for reading anytime I need it. If you want the link for the manual, let you know in the comments and I will give it to you.
The Samsung Gaxaxy Tab 2 is a very nice well designed tablet.Don’t Miss Out on this Great Buy if your in the market for a GREAT Tablet!!!